Sunday, October 29, 2017

IN WHICH I REPORT ON THE DOINGS OF THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AND SHOW YOU A FINISHED PROJECT!


This turned out nicely.  I really like it and it makes a good snuggle since I enlarged the pattern to 72x72 inches.  I enlarged it by adding a wider margin of black around the edges but I also bought a charm pack of the same woolies fabric.  I cut each one in half so the pieces were 2.5 x 5 inches and added this extra bit onto the end pieces of the matching fabric.  You can see the difference by comparing the original pattern below to mine above.





Kitty first checks the patterning to see if it has been done correctly, then thinks about it and decides to clean her toes.
                                *****************

Other than finishing this quilt, I have not been busy.  I have been puttering around, playing computer games-I have a whole collection of these mostly puzzle adventure sort, more cerebral than action oriented.  I finished the Hygge shawl I was crocheting.  My daughter Mary is returning to India and is taking the the shawl as a gift for her yoga teacher.  It gives me no end of pleasure and satisfaction to think of this piece of work assuming its own future in the east.  Who knows what will happen to it, whose life it will pass through, and what lands it might see.  


Two of my quilts have also begun their own voyages.  I donated these 2 quilts to the National Quilt Museum in Paducah for their annual fundraising auction.  Where they went, I do not know but I wish them well.  Quilters whose quilts are accepted for auction receive a little gift which is the little commemorative  plaque celebrating 25 years.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is what I will be working on this week: 

This will be a free motion quilt project.  The dragon fly is from Edith Choiniere.  She has a free motion pattern  each month which you can download for free for that month only.  Her site is:
https://www.collectioninedith.com/home.  I shrunk the dragonfly motif about 50% and am designing a world for it to live in of water and water plants.  I have some iridescent turquoise and purple metallic thread for the dragonfly and some 100 wt silk thread for the vegetation.  I am thinking also of very faintly washing the vegetation with green and brown.   But faintly as the main event is the dragonfly.

""""""""""""""""
An image from my walk on the wild side:


A beautiful thing to delight and enchant our eyes and selves.
`````````````````
And last but certainly not least is our moment of Zen:

This is not an exquisite oriental ink painting but rather a photograph of the sun as viewed through burned tree branches and smoke filled skies during the California wildfires in Santa Rosa Oct 9.  

So......this has been my life this past 2-3 months.  I hope your time has been good.


I am linking up with:


Slow Stitching Sunday, Bambi's Blog, Making Monday,  Em's Scrapbag, Esther's Wow, 
Let's Bee Social, Whoop Whoop, and Finish or Not!

24 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear from you Pam. Your quilt is gorgeous! Oh yes, wouldn't it be fascinating to know where our things go to and who loves them! I am looking forward to seeing the dragonfly come to life - the design looks very interesting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. YOur quilt top is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my that sun photo :(

    What people have all went through there :(

    Glad to see a new post from you and your quilt top is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that lattice quilt! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful lattice quilt, I love the rainbow of colours and it stands out beautifully on the black background..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that woven quilt. It makes me smile from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your woven quilt is just beautiful! I would love to snuggle under her too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Over and Down Under Quilt is fabulous! I'm glad the kitty approves. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fantastic design... it really looks woven!
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is just beautiful and the new dragonfly project is going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quilt, the shawl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you back - what a great quilt to share with us. Terrific graphic effect and the colorations against the dark background are super. Looking forward to watching your dragonfly evolve...one of my favorite little insects by our pond...their wings are always so pretty in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Over and Down Under quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Over and Under quilt came out great, Pam! It's really beautiful, very contemporary and very comfortingly traditional at the same time, and your fabric choices seem to glow with their own warmth against the black background. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with that dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt!! Congratulations on the finish. And thanks for the link to the monthly FMQ design. I'm off to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The over and down under quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great quilt! Love the bright colours with the dark background!
    I love to see how the dragonfly quilt turn out.

    Have a nice creative time.
    Evelyne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your time sounds peaceful and meditative. Finishing things, passing things on, and just being. All this is good.

    Sending warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pam, what a talent you are! Your quilt is so beautiful and how generous you are too to send your quilts out into the world. And your gorgeous shawl. I have that one in my wish list. Meanwhile, I am glad you are passing time peacefully and productively.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing the link to Edith's website. Just what this FMQ enthusiast needed. Your quilt looks beautiful. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fun pattern - I haven't seen it before, but I love all the great childhood memories it brings back of weaving potholders : ) Lovely finish, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm meeting you via quiltfabrication list and aren't you something! I laughed at your bionic analogy and cried at the loss of your Ann. In between I was blessed with lots of color and thoughtful words. Thanks so much, LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that pic Thanks for sharing keep up the Good work...

    Best Embroidery Designs>> Embroidery Designs

    ReplyDelete