Saturday, July 10, 2021

 YOKO SAITO'S IMAGINARY GARDEN-

CHAPTER 4...


I love how this is looking.  Tho no embroidery yet.  Embroidery is one of my favorites so I am looking forward to that.  I just don't know if I should wash the starch and glue out first which means I will make the entire wall hanging and am looking at embroidery on a LARGE piece of work maybe 48 in x 64in (centimeters 122x 162).

Did you know that only the USA, Burma, and Liberia use imperial measurements of inches etc?  




The jade border you see will go around the work.  In the photo below, you can see how the border will form on on the other end of this center piece.  That is the section (chapter 5) I will be working on next.


The empty spaces such as the one in the lower left will have flowers pushing up from border piece to be attached later.  I hope the design will be organic, flowing, and coherent without obvious breaks.

I waited 5 years for the right fabric to come along-Good Vibes by Sue Zipken.

I cannot believe I will be 74 on Sunday which is good in a way because for several months I thought this was to be my 75th birthday so, haha, I gained a year.  Time flows differently when one is older.  I cannot remember the year without some thought_2021- as I never write checks anymore.


AND NOW....

YOUR MOMENT OF ZEN

a retweet 


I am linking up with these fabulous quilt makers and hostesses

Slow stitching Sunday https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/
Patchwork and Quilt at www.quiltingpatch.blogspot.com 
Sew and Tell Monday with Bambi at http://bambisyr-evaj.blogspot.com/
Monday Making at http://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/
Design Wall Monday at https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/
https://www.quiltfabrication.com/2021/01/midweek-maker
Finished or Not Friday at http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/
Off the Wall Friday at http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/
Whoop Whoop Fridays at http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com

HAPPY STITCHING

17 comments:

  1. It's stunning Pam! I love the way the border flows into the flowers. Such beautiful fabrics. I wish you a Very Happy Birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you can do something fun for the day, maybe some fabric shopping? The background fabric for your applique quilt is just perfect! Sometimes it takes a long time for that perfect flower to show up. Have a lovely day with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!
    Your applique is gorgeous even before the embroidery! I hope you're enjoying the process as much as I'm enjoying watching it!
    And the mama wrench gave me a giggle - thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you, the Yoko Saito quilt is stunning I love the colors you chose and look forward to seeing this progress it's going to be beautiful when its done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Happy Birthday! I love that your design is so organic - just like nature's gardens. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful applique. You have some serious skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful quilts you create! Sparkling with colour and delightful designs.
    Yoko Saito is famous for her taupe quilts, as you well know. She has visited my native Sweden many times and taken the colourful sceneries and colourful painting of Dalarna and depicted the landscape, the houses, the famous Dala Horse in taupe.
    Here you have done the same - in reverse. Yoko Saito's Imaginary Garden is a beautiful taupe quilt, but you have given the garden new life with your appliqué paintbox. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work on your quilt, love the colours and fabrics. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand why you are loving your applique piece - it's out of this world beautiful! Each time I looked at it, I found a new treasure to admire! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh la la, a true piece of art, your appliqué is fabulous. Lots of tiny pieces!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is spectacular! What kind of and where will you do the embroidery?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh thats funny!! you have gained a year!
    WOW - this is just stunning and so amazing to watch it grow!! What a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is certainly looking flowing and organic so far!

    ReplyDelete