Wednesday, September 2, 2026

 LOTS OF ODDS AND ENDS

Okay...I finally decided how to complete this project-no mellowing for this one.  I decided not to use batting as thickness was not really called for.  I ironed some light interfacing to the painted piece (after practicing on my trial attempts).  The interfacing gives the sateen some body though the inktense and fabric medium does also.

Did you know washing removes a lot of the fabric medium so the hand is much softer.  I did not realize this would happen.

I am using Kimono silk along the seams to attach it to the background. By hand.  In tiny little stitches. Which don't show.

AND SO TO GO ON....

After completing the "secret Garden" I am going to finish a long mellowed wip.  The original pattern called for crazy quilting which was just so lovely but as I attempted to do crazy quilting, my brain failed me, telling me that for us,  crazy quilting was not in our repertoire. 

This wip mellowed for a couple years before I came up with a solution, implemented that as far as my imagination would go, then it mellowed again as I tried to put some coherence to the pattern which it lost when crazy quilting was forsaken.  I hope it will not take me more than a couple of weeks. Sigh!

This project was based on a pattern called "His Majesty the Tree" and is a seasonal pattern having a tree for each month.  It was an intricate pattern with silk ribbon embroidery, 6 strand embroidery, applique, and bead work.



LASTLY: A NEW PROJECT 

To be attempted after tree quilt is done (Ya think? who knows, I don't!)

This is some of the fabric:  Liberty tana.  This project will involve embroidery and paper piecing.


Above is what you might call "framing fabric".  The Liberty will be used solely the paper piecing. Below is the fabric to be used around the "framing".  




AND NOW...
YOUR MOMENT OF ZEN.....
These are Painted Cuban shells.  Nature does the loveliest designs


  I am linking up with the following great linky sites:

Slow stitching Sunday https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Design Wall Monday at https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

To-Do Tuesday at Quilt Schmilt 

Finished or Not Friday at http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/ 

Off the Wall Friday at http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Frederique at https://quiltingpatch.blogspot.com/


Hope you stay well and plenty hydrated in this heat!  Or stay warm if you live in Australia and environs.

No comments:

Post a Comment