Saturday, April 4, 2020

LIFE IN THE TIME OF CORONA-
DAY 17
 This is the September block with fall trees and shrubs.  The critter is a  moose if it seems indeterminate.  Some block don't have much ribbon embroidery and this is one of them.  There are ribbon leaves on the autumn trees and on the shrubs.  




Here is a before photo to show how the ribbon embroidery enhances the design.

The sky fabric is from Jennifer Sampou's line of sky fabrics.  These are gorgeous and I have used several.

We continue to be well.  The Missouri governor put the state in a shelter-in-place situation.  In our small town Walmart seems to be the local gathering place.  We see old people with oxygen tanks, pregnant women, children, young people-a general cross section of the population.  We don't, of course, go into our local Walmart. 

I am kind of proud of Walmart tho as they have instituted new rules.  Only 20% occupancy can be in the store at one time-then, when full, it becomes only one in as one leaves.  Apparently the aisles have been marked like one way streets with clerks enforcing this. Grocery store workers are some of our most valued people these days.  These steps Walmart has taken of limiting customers and defining traffic patterns will help ensure the health of employees as well as shoppers.

The electricity went out the other day.  Kitty and I were surfing the web with our feet up in the recliner when-nothing.  We sat there for about 15 minutes contemplating the fragility of our world.  I thought about internet and electricity repair people and our resulting lives if they are sick and unable to work.  What about the postoffice?  The police to keep order (is that why gun sales are up?). We already know how stressed our hospitals are and the danger to health care professionals.  Just some thoughts as I stared at my blank screen.

My daughter, Mary, as most of you know, lives in India.  She sent me this photo of the Indian idea of social distancing.
The squares were made by government officials to mark where people should stand for social distancing.  Instead, they are using the boxes to mark their places in line and sitting together in the shade.

  
Shake it off!!! and now:

YOUR MOMENT OF ZEN

A moment of reflection, humor, or beauty in these trying times 


Photo from the National Geographic

Happy Creating!

I am linking up with:
Slow Stitching Sunday, Bambi's Blog, Making Monday,  Em's Scrapbag, 
Midweek Makers, Whoop Whoop, Finish or Not!, and Off the Wall Friday.

7 comments:

  1. My husband was born in Calcutta, India and he and me were discussing the concept of social distancing in India.....impossible. Your September block is splendid. All that autumnal fabric for the leaves of the trees is incredible. Why I feel I am looking at a living tree. Your moose is sweet. He brought a smile to my dial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your moose! The whole block is very nice, definitely a fall theme. The ribbon embroidery really adds beauty. I've been thankful this whole isolation that we have electricity, what a disaster that would be! Have a quiet, peaceful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed watching your progress on these blocks. Peacemakers had a free shipping sale so I ordered two items. I have put them back until after we move. Our WM has the same routing...I believe it is country wide. I have not had to wait in line, but I might get angry if I DO then find the shelves as empty as they are now.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely block. I recognized your happy moose immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being familiar with moose I am grateful for your comment! The block looks lovely and thank you for the close up. So far here the 'one person per car' rule means that supermarkets dont get over crowded and they continue to be well stocked. Brilliant photograph from India - but sad too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Maine and I know what a moose looks like! Yours is a beauty and I really like your trees, too. I'm so sorry people are not taking this time of isolation seriously where you are. Fortunately, we are taking it seriously here so it makes it easier to stay home when I know all my friends and neighbors are doing the same. Stay home and save lives is a reality here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Pam, this block is amazing! You have so exquisitely captured the fall foliage with your fabric selection, and I adore the dimension of those ribbon embroidered leaves. Glad to hear your daughter is still doing well in India. It must be hard to have her so far away from you throughout all of this.

    ReplyDelete