Thursday, June 18, 2020

-HARD KNOCKS-
LIFE IN OUR TIME
May block from the pattern "His majesty, the tree" by Piecemakers.  A new born colt under a sycamore tree surrounded by wildflowers.  What not to like?


May was one of the simpler blocks.  Most of the tree was applique so few leaves were made of ribbon embroidery.    The foreground was trickier with all the wildflowers

Different types of stitches were used here as well as different types of threads. The stitching on the outside of the blocks is where the 14 1/2 inch cuts will be made for a 14 inch block.  Some excess is left standing in case I measured wrong (my forte) or in case I want to shift the design.  Knowing I needed help with exactitude, I had a glazier cut a plexiglass square 14  1/2 inches.  I am going to do this more often for the tricky bits.  Only cost $9.00, much much cheaper than buying a ruler.

Here is the design wall with all 12 months. 




 8 are completely finished, one (December) just needs some pinecones and cardinals.  3 months need the time consuming treatment of the leaves individually make with silk ribbon.  Since the blocks are on point (like a ballet dancer), they will need 4 triangles to make a square.  These triangles are crazy quilting which will be a new technique for me.  And therefore a bit intimidating. Before I take on this new challenge, I have some fabric painting to do.

But, my project is coming along!

HELP...I NEED ANSWERS....anyone...please

How do I add the box to be checked proving the respondent is not a robot?
I have lots of people (bots?) sign up to follow my blog (not making comments) but a lot of them are somethings like "sexy girl like man handsome" or some such which is a clue that they are not in it for the quilting?  

I want some kind of a "gadget" or the like so people have to prove they are not robots if they want to follow me on bloglovin.

Thanks...anyone


AND NOW......
YOUR MOMENT OF ZEN

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL


Don't forget those sweet DREAMERS who help make America beautiful.
Thank you Judge Roberts for seeing America as the majority of Americans do.

********
Stay well and wear your mask

I am linking up with these fabulous quilt makers and hostesses

Needle and Thread Thursday at http://www.myquiltinfatuation.com/
Finished or Not Friday at http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/
Off the Wall Friday at http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/
Whoop Whoop Fridays at http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. Hello, dear Pam :)
    I LOVE sycamore trees and your block is stunning. ALL of them are so beautiful, you worked a lot ! Good girl!...
    I can't help you, regarding those disgusting spamers, unfortunately.
    That banner is splendid, and so meaningful. THANKS a bunch for the inspiration, dear !
    xoxo
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to add the box to be checked, sorry. I love your block! These blocks are so beautiful! I am curious to see the next step in this project. You've selected such a fun project to work on during this time of isolation. I do wear my mask when I go out into the world which isn't very often. I also still wear gloves when out and about. It seems like I'm the only one who does that anymore. You stay safe too and, of course, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! those blocks are so amazing! the detail and the work in them - just impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you are doing :) Is "His majesty, the tree" by Piecemakers a template kit or just directions. I took a look and I wasn't sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK so the box to check to say you are not a robot - I NEVER check that box when commenting on blogs and my comments are always posted! So dont waste your time worrying about it. Another lovely tree - they look lovely all together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed, what's not to love about this block. Gorgeous stitching once again and the sweet little foal makes me smile. I must say all your lovely blocks look fabulous on your design wall. So much exquisite hand stitching to be enjoyed here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This might help with your question about bots and comments. Check your Settings, then go to Comments (in that order). You may have to turn Comment Moderation on which will force commenters to check that box. Also, either under the Comments section or under Settings/Comments, you can answer the question “Who can comment?“ to exclude anonymous readers/posters. Let me know if that helps, because we can hunt a bit more if necessary.

    I’ve had that Piecemakers pattern since their calendar came out with it, what, fifteen years ago? At one point I had even gathered up all the sky fabrics. I used to be a crazy quilter. So I am especially enjoying your project progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this detailed His Majesty, the tree that you're sharing and doing such a beautiful works on.

    ReplyDelete