Monday, June 8, 2020

LIFE IN OUR STRANGE TIMES
I long to go to a restaurant

 Spring tree in summertime.  This tree is April in the Calendar quilt.  Cherry blossoms and new blooms.
 Wonderful fence with some dropped blossoms and a wily fox.
 Lovely french knot cherry blossoms made from 4mm silk ribbon.
And more branches, stems and blossoms.

Like all the blocks, this one is turned applique with silk ribbon embroidery along with perle cotton and 6 strand embroidery thread.  All three make for a different look.

******************

I am adding a new feature to my blog.  If you want to see more details about "My Quilts" as shown on the right hand side of the blog, simply click the one you are interested in which will take you to more photos and information.  So far I have only completed 2 quilts but I will get more up as life in our strange times allows me.

******************

And now.............
YOUR MOMENT OF ZEN
How beautiful is this!  Photo by Marck Botha
Sunset thru a breaking wave in Durban, So Africa

****************
Stay well and wear your mask

I am linking up with:

Oh Scrap at http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/
BOMs Away at https://www.katiemaequilts.com/blog/
Sew and Tell Monday with Bambi at http://bambisyr-evaj.blogspot.com/
Monday Making at http://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/
Design Wall Monday at https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/
Colour and Inspiration at https://www.cleverchameleon.com.au/blog/

13 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, so many french knots!! The fox adds some bling. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet little fox. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing block. I could not do that many french knots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block, a lot of French knots! Your Blossom tree is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cherry blossoms are absolutely amazing, so life like. The block over all is cute but mostly I am impressed with the tree. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Beautiful block...love the fox.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam! Gosh, your block is beautiful. I used to do a lot of handwork because we owned a cross stitch shop. I love all of those French knots - they look just like the cherry blossom trees. That photo!! It is fabulous. WOW. Thanks so much for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a beautiful block Pam, so much to look at and I love the startled fox. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those cherry blossoms, and the fox is irresistible! I'm thinking your calendar quilt is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your spring cherry blossom tree is beautiful. Oh wow, those french knots in silk ribbon are amazing.....so, so many to do. Cute little wily fox, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous spring block! I've never successfully done a French knot, for some reason they just pull through.

    I rarely eat in restaurants these days, so I'm not missing that. I would love to get my hair cut, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beautiful work never ceases to amaze me, Pam.
    Our isolation has be extended til July and I too am missing some basic outings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lot of french knots and they are very beautiful all together to make the blossoms. Cute fox, too. Love the photo you found. Thanks for sharing at the Chameleon's Colour & Inspiration party.

    ReplyDelete