Tuesday, July 28, 2020

 HOT JULY
BEES AT THE HONEY

July block finished-a completely charming scene.  The sky background is one of Jennifer Sampou's Sky fabric-check these out for some beautiful ombre skys.



Actually I have finished all 12 of these seasonal blocks and so the next step is the crazy quilting which is pretty scary as I have never done it before.  It involves lots of embroidery with ribbons and threads, tambour embroidery, needlepunch embroidery, embellishments with laces and trims, buttons and charms.  Basically a whole different mindset for me.  

However,learning new mindsets is excellent brain exercise for me since I just had my 73 birthday.  As I told you before, I am a bionic woman (lots of new added improved parts-3 joint replacements, new lens for eyes, new ears, and new eyes) so I can do it.  Tho there is some fabric painting for me to do first while I let this new stuff jell in my brain.

My husband is a very witty man.  He says I am not a Marbourg (our last name) but a Cyborg.

Here is an interesting factoid:

Early release of 2020 census information reveals that of people 30 years of age and younger, almost half are "minorities" whatever that is as most everyone's genetics are mixed up and we are all the same anyway.

Of people over 65, 27% of people are "minorities".  This shows the great change in populations in America over the last 40-50 years.

AND NOW:
YOUR MOMENT OF ZEN


When i first glanced I thought it was an ancient tablet engraving with the attenuated figure and the graceful lines. No doubt I was influenced by studies at uni of ancient archaeology and art history.  Adding to that concept is the sandy color of the background and the raised tablet shape, smooth and worked.
The photo is really the shadow of an salt farmer (you can see him at the bottom of the photo) working in a salt marsh in France.

****************
I am linking up with these wonderful quilt sites

BOMs Away at https://www.katiemaequilts.com/blog/
Sew and Tell Monday with Bambi at http://bambisyr-evaj.blogspot.com/
Monday Making at http://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/
Design Wall Monday at https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/
Colour and Inspiration at https://www.cleverchameleon.com.au/blog/


Keep creating, stay well, stay cheerful

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I am quite certain you will take to embellishing your blocks with crazy quilting with no problems at all. I am excited to see what exquisiteness you will imagine. This block is so very sweet. Your bees are amazing and the bears are so sweet. Love the different fabrics in the trees, too. The photo of the shadow of the salt farmer is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make some of the most joyful quilt blocks...I appreciate your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make some of the most joyful blocks...I appreciate Your posts and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Pam ! XOXO Wishing you THE BEST :)
    Such an amazing block again ! And now I'm curious about that crazy quilting you're going to embark on. Another beautiful journey to enjoy...
    Sending my heartful thoughts.
    In stitches,
    XOXOXO
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe the details in these blocks! The little bees are my favorite but the whole block is fantastic! These blocks have been a good covid project for you to work on during these days of staying home. Have fun with the next step, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so far behind Pam.... Our 7 months of hell are over with - Clay has hand fixed, new Aorta Valve (through the groin) and I had my eyelids fixed from the Cataract surgery last October. I am trying to get back to quilting! Been 7 months!
    Your blocks are beautiful. You do such beautiful work!

    Interesting about the demise of our country! Stay safe and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful block. These are going to make an amazing, and challenging, quilt. I can't wait to see how you put it together. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, that is a very cool photo! I thought it was an ancient tablet, too!
    I have been following your progress with this project. I bought the calendar years ago, and now you have re-inspired me. I 'need' to find it and make these blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, what a picture - not at all what I thought it was. And your quilt block of bears and bees is wonderful. My favorite song when I was little was "Teddy Bear's Picnic" and this block reminds me of that song. I will have to look up this quilt - what a masterpiece it will be. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, I look forward to seeing more of this quilt. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza, your block is stunning and very charming. You deserve a standing ovation. Brava, brava!
    I'm glad to hear about your cyborgness. I've just begun my journey. I have one new lens, with the other one to come before this year is up. After that, I'll summon courage to deal with my knees that have no cartilage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining in on Thursday 13. Your quilt blocks are beautiful! You do excellent work. I hope I am still going at 73. I am finding it a struggle at 57!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam! That last photo of the salt farmer is so cool! It looks as if his rake is curved and that he's a giant. Your July honey bees and bears piece is wonderful - joining it with 11 other seasonal pieces will be gorgeous. I can almost hear the bees buzzing around. Thank you for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me with the bees. Your work is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bear is so adorable, and the bees wonderful - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete