Thursday, August 13, 2020

NOVEMBER SUNSET


November scene from 2002 Piecemaker's Calendar quilt. Jennifer Sampou's ombre sky fabric was used for the background.  This was also one of my problem children-the trouble in part was choosing fabric for the trees.  I wanted them to be quaking aspens but fabric that evoked that image blended into the background so I had to search on.  


So many leaves in lots of colors.  Silk ribbon is delicate and one uses short lengths to embroider or else the ribbon shreds.  I would embroider in one color for a few leaves then travel to another spot and embroider more.


 Beautiful colors, yes?

And November is the month that (around here anyway) Canada Geese migrate. Tho here in our lake region, a lot of migration is east-west also as the geese find a more desirable part of the lake system to be in.

A short blog....not a lot to say except I am inspired by Kamala Harris!  She gives me hope.

AND NOW....
YOUR MOMENT OF ZEN

A CAPE SUGARBIRD
HER HOME AND FLY ZONE IS SOUTH AFRICA

Photo by Cameron Brock from the Audubon Photography Awards.  She captured the bird,yes, but the way she caught the beautiful pastel colors in a kind of abstract wash is just brilliant.


I am linking up with these wonderful quilt sites

Needle and Thread Thursday at http://www.myquiltinfatuation.com/
Finished or Not Friday at http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/
Off the Wall Friday at http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/
Whoop Whoop Fridays at http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot

Keep creating, stay well, stay cheerful



14 comments:

  1. This one might be my favorite (although they are all so beauyiful), I mean just look at all those tiny leaves in gorgeous colors... AND the geeze ! Oh, My - a real treasure. BRAVO, Pam, you did it again :)
    xoxo
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your leaves. They do look like they're shimmering in the wind. It must've been very meditative to embroider the leaves.

    I like Joe's decision, too! I feel a lot more hopeful again, thank goodness. Cheers, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes beautiful colours of the leaves and your trees look lovely too. Kamala sounds like a breath of fresh air after all these old men! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful block! You've caught the beauty of each month in these blocks. The last week or so, I've been hearing the honking of geese in the early morning as they fly from their overnight pond. Perhaps they're flying to the most north field that had wheat in it last summer. They love to snack on the grain that has fallen onto the soil. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pieces are so delicate and inspired. This one I find particularly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes....so beautiful!! All those tiny, perfect little leaves in different colours are lovely; so much careful stitching. Love too, the colour you selected for the bark of the trees. Those Canada Geese are sweet AND yes, a glimmer of hope now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This block is gorgeous, Pam. You're not just capturing seasons -- you've created a mood, a longing with this block. I love birch trees and geese and ambiguous skies. I admire silk ribbon embroidery but have never attempted it. Would love to take a class in that technique someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this block is a beauty, I love all the colors on this tree. Geese are cute ;)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed!!! Lots of love and hard work in those leaves! Have a great day! Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous block! I think you got it just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have a whole lot of patience in order to complete only a few stitches with ribbon at a time. That tree is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The trees look incredible with the many little leaves and the geese are wonderful. I love the tree trunks too. Wish I was there inside your "painting"!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfection of colours! Love it!
    Thanks for linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

    ReplyDelete